On Saturday 20 May, when the building was unoccupied, there was a fire in the main school kitchen. The fire alarms were triggered and the Fire Service was automatically called. They arrived swiftly and put out the fire, restricting the damage to the kitchen.
The Fire Service believe the most likely cause of the fire was a washing machine. We’re so thankful that no-one was harmed and that our fire systems were effective in preventing the fire spreading and causing further damage.
We’re grateful for the hard work of so many staff: first responders like Jakub our Lettings Supervisor; Suzana for cleaning the hall over the weekend; our Head Chef, Cristi, for planning a menu for this week at such short notice; Our Facilities Coordinator, Lee, and our ICT Network Manager, Stuart, for ensuring the safety of the building; staff who came in over the weekend; those who have been arriving early to prepare 1000 packed lunches each day; those working flat out to get the kitchen back in action as soon as possible…and many more! It has been great to see everyone working as a team.
Repairing and refitting the kitchen is our priority and we hope to be able to cook hot meals again soon after half term.