Careers and Higher Education
Saracens Sixth Form is career-focused and future-oriented.
As well as providing a rigorous education to make students university ready we are also committed to a character education that ensures our students are the most employable in a competitive market. Students regularly hear from a huge range of visiting speakers and are encouraged to broaden their horizons and explore options at our careers events.
Students are actively supported in a range of career and personal development opportunities that complement their study. Examples include:
- Visits to Oxford and Cambridge Universities for academic sessions with undergraduate professors
- Application talks and advice from university admissions tutors
- Site visits and networking opportunities to GSK, Shawbrook bank and Baker McKenzie solicitors
- One-to-one advice with applications, CV writing and networking
- Links with Middlesex University and London Southbank University
- University open day fair in Tottenham
- Industry talks from Sky Studios, Blick Rothenberg and Wates
- Careers advice, choosing post Sixth Form study options, and support through the UCAS system
- Volunteering links with local charities such as FUSE
- Experience with the wider Saracens family; writing articles in matchday programmes and part-time work at StoneX Stadium.
- Our programme enables students to be successful in gaining offers from the university of their choice.
- Our links with Russell Group universities and Oxbridge, as well as Mill Hill School, help to prepare students for the application and interview process.
- Dedicated staff provide specific support and advice for Oxbridge, Medicine, and other highly competitive applications.
- The University’s transition programme, working with London South Bank and Middlesex universities, prepares students for that next step in their lives.
Up to four students who go on to attend London South Bank University will receive a bursary to cover their living expenses during the course of their degree.
Belonging to the wider Saracens family means…
…students have access to many of the Saracens partnership businesses and other organisations which will open doors to work-related opportunities.
…students hear high-profile speakers from a variety of industries.
…students have access to specialist careers support through The Saracens Futures Programme.