The ultimate aim of teaching foreign languages is to encourage and combine an enjoyment of learning, an interest in the wider world, and an enthusiasm for communicating in a foreign language.
We strive to make our pupils aware that: languages lead to greater international and global understanding, to greater opportunities in the world of work, to greater leisure opportunities, to greater cultural awareness and appreciation and also that languages are of benefit to individuals and to the country as a trading nation.
- Young Language Leaders club
- Trip to the cinema to watch ‘Coco’
- Celebration of the Chinese New Year
- Spelling Bee
- Tapas Trip
- European Language Day in September
- Language Summer Festival
- A trip to Spain (COVID regulations permitting)